Athletics play a key role in the OAL participating Middle School. Young people learn a great deal from their participation in interscholastic athletics. Lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition, and how to win and lose gracefully are an integral part of each team in our athletic program. Athletics play an important part, too, in helping the individual student develop a healthy self-concept as well as a healthy body. Athletic competition adds to their school spirit and helps all students – spectators as well as participants – develop pride in their school.
All coaches in the OAL Middle School sports league agree with and adhere to the California Interscholastic Federation/North Coast Section Code of Conduct, Pursuing Victory With Honor, and all other guidelines/expectations outlined in the OAL Middle School Sports Coaches’ Handbook.
Volunteer Coach Requirements:
- Volunteer III Application
- Completed TB Risk Assessment (To be completed by a licensed physician) NEW
- FBI and DOJ fingerprint clearance
- Fundamentals of Coaching (If interested in becoming a High School Coach) www.nfhslearn.com
- Completion of NFHS Coaching Essentials: www.nfhslearn.com (general course)
- Completion of NFHS Concussion in Sports Course www.nfhslearn.com
- Completion of NFHS Sudden Cardiac Arrest Course www.nfhslearn.com
- Heat Illness Prevention
- CPR/First Aid Certification www.redcross.org
- COVID-19 For Coaches & Administrators
- Read “Victory with Honor”
Volunteer Coach Renewal Requirements:
- Volunteer coaches need to provide an updated TB clearance every four (4) years.
- Volunteer coaches need to maintain current CPR/First-Aid certification (every 2 years).